After hiking and backpacking, and theatre, my favorite way to spend time is dancing. Here are some links to the dances I attend.
- Sacramento Country Dance Society (second and fourth Saturdays – Sacramento, third Friday – Davis)
- Foothill Country Dancers (first Saturday – Nevada City, and third Saturday – Newcastle)
- contra dance weekends: there are many I’ve been to, but some of my favorites include Echo Summit, Contra Carnivale, Harvest Moon, Epicenter & Faultline Frolic, Balance the Bay, May Madness, and Northwest Folklife
- Gaskell Ball (even months – Oakland)
- PEERS – Period Events and Entertainments Re-enactment Society (first Saturday most months – various bay area venues)
- Dickens Fair Fezziwig’s Warehouse (weekends Thanksgiving to Christmas – Daly City)
- Bay Area English Regency Society (about four balls per year – various bay area venues)
Sacred Circle Dance
- Bay Area Circle Dancers (various schedules – various bay area locations)
There are a lot more dances and locations that I do occasionally.