Sixteen plays. Am I overdoing it? Maybe, but there are worse foibles. I became a member of SHN Theatres in San Francisco. I enjoy the event of going to the theatre in SF, but to be honest the productions aren’t any better than what I can see at home in Sacramento. I appreciate most the energy and courage of Big Idea Theatre, and the consistent quality of Cap Stage, but I also very much enjoy the diversity of opportunities in Sacramento, from a group of friends all the way up through traveling shows of national stature.
The Sacramento News & Review had a year-end review of the theatre scene for the year. Many I saw, some I did not.
- 2013-12-20 SHN Theatres: The Book of Mormon
- 2013-12-07 UC Davis Theatre & Dance Department: Spring Awakening
- 2013-12-05 Big Idea Theatre: Outrage
- 2013-12-03 B Street Theatre: Not in the Stars
- 2013-11-22 Actors Workshop of Sacramento: The Sunset Limited
- 2013-11-17 Runaway Stage: Spamalot
- 2013-11-15 Ovation Stage: Buried Child
- 2013-11-10 SHN Theatres: Porgy and Bess
- 2013-11-09 SHN Theatres: Peter and the Starcatcher
- 2013-11-07 Cap Stage: Macbeth
- 2013-10-31 B Street Theatre: Detroit
- 2013-10-25 New Helvetia Theatre: Tell Me On A Sunday
- 2013-10-24 Sacramento Theatre Company: Pride & Prejudice
- 2013-10-06 SHN Theatres: Beautiful
- 2013-10-04 City Theatre: After Juliet
- 2013-10-03 Big Idea Theatre: Lonesome Hollow
I’ll post about other activities during the fall shortly.