Dance Awakening at Harbin Hot Springs is one of the greatest contra dance camps around. The story of the dance is: dance, soak, eat, hike, and repeat as needed. The place is wonderful, the staff (musicians and callers) are wonderful, the dance organizers (Kelli and Shane Butler) are wonderful, and the dancers are just a whole lot of fun. The dance staff this year was caller Rick Mohr and The Figments, Anna Patton, Will Patton, Ethan Hazzard-Watkins, and Owen Morrison. The catered food is great. The hot springs are in a canyon in the coast range, between Clear Lake and Napa Valley, with a system of trails up to and along the ridges.
- 2010 ADT American Conservatory Theatre American Discovery Trail American River American River Parkway Amtrak Antioch Auburn backpacking Bay Area Ridge Trail Berkeley Rep Big Idea Theatre Bowl of Fire BP Briones to Mt Diablo Trail Brompton B Street Theatre California Musical Theatre Calville Wash camping Cap Stage Carson Range Cedar Mesa Christmas City Theatre contra dance dance Danita Deepwater Horizon drought Escalante Flickr flowers Folsom Reservoir Geery Theatre Granite Chief Wilderness Grass Valley Green Valley Theatre Henderson hike hiking horse Howard Booth Into the Woods Joe Herbst Lake Mead NRA Middle Fork American River Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail movies mule music Nevada City New Helvetia Theatre North Fork Middle Fork American River oil spill outside Ovation Stage Pioneer Express Trail ruins Runaway Stage Sacramento Sacramento Theatre Company San Francisco San Francisco Playhouse SHN Theatres Sloan Canyon NCA Tahoe Rim Trail Teatro Espejo theatre transportation Walnut Creek Western States Trail Wild Asparagus work
- Using the E.P.A. to Prop Up Big Coal via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/09/18/opi… 4 days ago
- Our Constitution Wasn’t Built for This, via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/09/16/opi… 5 days ago
- Sitting outside a Starbucks, watching customers come up, find it closed, and become incensed. #LaborDay, anyone? 2 weeks ago
- Why Crows Thrive In the City citylab.com/environment/20… 3 weeks ago