On November 20, a small group of people joined to celebrate Howard Booth’s receipt of the John Muir Award. We hiked north from Mountain Springs to a point above the sandstone bluffs, enjoyed talking about hiking and backpacking trips going back 40 years, looked at the peak register with some old names in it, and wrapped it up with a beer at the Mountain Springs bar. That evening, we gathered for dinner at Lance & Lorelle’s, joined by the Pitchfords and my mom Ruth Allison, for more fun.
- 2010 ADT American Conservatory Theatre American Discovery Trail American River American River Parkway Amtrak Antioch Auburn backpacking Bay Area Ridge Trail Berkeley Rep Big Idea Theatre Bowl of Fire BP Briones to Mt Diablo Trail Brompton B Street Theatre California Musical Theatre Calville Wash camping Cap Stage Carson Range Cedar Mesa Christmas City Theatre contra dance dance Danita Deepwater Horizon drought Escalante Flickr flowers Folsom Reservoir Geery Theatre Granite Chief Wilderness Grass Valley Green Valley Theatre Henderson hike hiking horse Howard Booth Into the Woods Joe Herbst Lake Mead NRA Middle Fork American River Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail movies mule music Nevada City New Helvetia Theatre North Fork Middle Fork American River oil spill outside Ovation Stage Pioneer Express Trail ruins Runaway Stage Sacramento Sacramento Theatre Company San Francisco San Francisco Playhouse SHN Theatres Sloan Canyon NCA Tahoe Rim Trail Teatro Espejo theatre transportation Walnut Creek Western States Trail Wild Asparagus work
- Going only 6% #organic means @benandjerrys still sources 94% from non-organic, factory farm dairy. https://t.co/u2dcrAKBAt 4 days ago
- @sudwerkbrew It’s all about the color. https://t.co/UpOajBUqu7 1 week ago
- If you're outraged too, demand Congress ban assault weapons now! #Enough #LasVegas secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/ba… 2 weeks ago
- The San Antonio Way: Haven for Hope Focuses on Transforming Lives - Craig Powell; eyeonsacramento.com/wp-content/upl… 3 weeks ago