While I was in Las Vegas for the holidays for my family, I went on five great desert hikes: Goldstrike Canyon with hot springs, White Rock and Ringbolt Canyons and hot springs, River Mountains (with Mark Pitchford), Mesquite Canyon (with Mark Pitchford), and the hills behind my sister’s house in Henderson. Ah, being out in the desert, in short sleeves, even shorts two days, that is the life. I was so happy after these five days in a row of hiking, and being in the sun.
- 2010 ADT American Conservatory Theatre American Discovery Trail American River American River Parkway Amtrak Antioch Auburn backpacking Bay Area Ridge Trail Berkeley Rep Big Idea Theatre Bowl of Fire BP Briones to Mt Diablo Trail Brompton B Street Theatre California Musical Theatre Calville Wash camping Cap Stage Carson Range Cedar Mesa Christmas City Theatre contra dance dance Danita Deepwater Horizon drought Escalante Flickr flowers Folsom Reservoir Geery Theatre Granite Chief Wilderness Grass Valley Green Valley Theatre Henderson hike hiking horse Howard Booth Into the Woods Joe Herbst Lake Mead NRA Middle Fork American River Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail movies mule music Nevada City New Helvetia Theatre North Fork Middle Fork American River oil spill outside Ovation Stage Pioneer Express Trail ruins Runaway Stage Sacramento Sacramento Theatre Company San Francisco San Francisco Playhouse SHN Theatres Sloan Canyon NCA Tahoe Rim Trail Teatro Espejo theatre transportation Walnut Creek Western States Trail Wild Asparagus work
- Using the E.P.A. to Prop Up Big Coal via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/09/18/opi… 4 days ago
- Our Constitution Wasn’t Built for This, via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/09/16/opi… 5 days ago
- Sitting outside a Starbucks, watching customers come up, find it closed, and become incensed. #LaborDay, anyone? 2 weeks ago
- Why Crows Thrive In the City citylab.com/environment/20… 3 weeks ago